Includes: air tanks, weights, and dive light
Looking for a more advanced dive? Blackwater diving is a unique night dive which will take you miles offshore where you will hang, suspended from a 60ft tether, over 4000ft of water to watch open ocean, or pelagic, animals drift by. You’ll have the opportunity to see animals ranging from perfectly clear larval fish and invertebrates to siphonophores, and even cephalopods out in the deep. If you want to observe something you have never seen before, this is the dive for you. Our divemasters are still surprised by new and exciting creatures in the deep.
Listen to Experiences You Should Have Podcast about the Black Water dive!
- This dive is for the confident diver that has excellent buoyancy skills and is self-reliant
- You must have at least 50 logged dives to join us on this adventurous dive
- You must be in good health and have NO heart conditions
- You must be able to converse in English
What to bring?
- Seasickness and anti-nausea medication is highly recommended for this dive due to the higher than normal motion as well as lack of objects to help coordinate motion.
- A full wetsuit with a hood will help protect the body from jellies floating by
- A BCD with a bladder. This will better allow you to achieve the neutral buoyancy necessary to hover effortlessly among the pelagic critters leading to a longer lasting and more enjoyable dive.
- For photographers: A macro lens (50-60mm for crop sensor and 90mm for full frame)
Please be informed of our 48-hour cancellation policy.
You may make changes or cancellations to your reservations up to 48 hours prior to the trip without penalty. Afterward, all changes, cancellations, or no-shows will not be issued a refund unless the space is filled by another diver. If we are able to fill the space a full refund will be issued. If we are unable to fill the space we cannot issue a refund.