Try Scuba Diving
One of the best ways to scuba dive in Hawaii without the time and energy requirements of taking a full scuba certification course. Kona has some of the best and easiest diving in Hawaii and is perfectly suited to beginner and novice divers.
What is it like to try Scuba Diving?
You’ll be greeted
- Must be 18 years old
- You must be in good health with NO heart conditions and have a clear medical or a physicians release (Click on the Medical Questionnaire to view PADI and Kona Shore Diver requirements)
- You MUST be able to converse in English
- You must have basic swimming skills
- You should be comfortable in the open ocean
- You should be a proficient snorkeler
- This experience is done from our comfortable boat
Call (808)324-4668 to Sign up Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn?
You will learn the basic skills to scuba dive with a dive instructor for the morning. This is NOT a certification but it is an experience!
- Briefing of dive equipment
- Ear equalization techniques
- Mask flood and clearing
- Regulator recovery
How long will I be underwater?
As long as possible! Your underwater time will be determined by your air consumption and comfort. Typical time underwater is between 30-50 minutes per dive.
What should I bring?
- Make sure you come wearing your swimsuit
- Bring a rashguard and sun protective clothing
- Our Boat has plenty of shade but if you must wear sunscreen make sure it is reef safe
Can my certified family members join me underwater?
If you are interested in having a certified diver join you, please ask about doing a Combo Dive!