Morning introductory scuba dive
- Must be 10 years old
- You must be in good health with NO heart conditions and have a clear medical or a physicians release (Click on the Medical Questionnaire to view PADI and Kona Shore Diver requirements)
- You MUST be able to converse in English
- You must have basic swimming skills
- You should be comfortable in the open ocean
- You should be a proficient snorkeler
- This experience is done from the shore not from a boat
- You must be able to carry your own gear over rough, rugged, uneven terrain
- Kona Shore Divers will contact you prior to the dive
What will you learn?
- You will learn the basic skills to scuba dive with a dive professional for the morning. This is NOT a certification.
- These include:
- Briefing of dive equipment
- Ear equalization techniques
- Mask flood and clearing
- Regulator recovery
How long will I be underwater?
As long as possible! Your underwater time will be determined by your air consumption and comfort but average time underwater is between 30-50 minutes per dive.
What should I bring?
- Make sure you come wearing your swimsuit!
- Bring a rashguard and sun protective clothing and if you must wear sunscreen make sure it is reef safe.
Can my certified family members join me underwater?
If you are interested in having a certified diver join you, please ask about doing a Combo Dive!