Want to save yourself a day of vacation? Complete your confined water portion of the open water course with your local PADI dive shop and then join us in Hawaii’s beautiful ocean waters to do the rest!
- Completed referral paperwork from initiating instructor, including eLearning
- Personal equipment – Mask, snorkel, & fins (fins available for rent)
- If e-learning was not completed there is an additional $41 charge to process the certification
- Students are required to check-in at the shop the day prior to the start of their referral class – bring your paperwork! (if unable, prior communication via email is required)
- Students 4:1
These ratios are set to provide the safest learning environment possible. While our safety standards are stricter than the industry standards with the added benefit of having a smaller, more exclusive, class size.
What is included?
- Tanks & Weights
- SCUBA Equipment – BCD, Regulator with dive computer, and Wetsuit
- 4 Open Water Dives
- Mask, Snorkel and Fins (available for a discounted price at Kona Honu Divers!)
Looking for a NAUI Open Water Referral Course? We do those too! Please email us to schedule.
Call us at (808)324-4668 or e-mail [email protected] to sign up!
What is the Process?
Many students live in places that have amazing access to pools but don’t have the amazing ocean environment that we have here in Kona. If you want to optimize your time in paradise many people learning to scuba dive for the first time choose to do a referral course. This means before you travel you will call a dive center nearby your home and sign up for a referral course. Here’s the process.
How to do a PADI Open Water Referral course
- Call your local PADI dive center and choose a date
- Complete the e-learning 8-10 hours
- Do your confined water dives with your local center
- Contact Kona Honu Divers to Book the referral
- Fly to Kona with your completed paperwork
- Complete 2 Days of diving