WITH FISH EXPERT TY WIDHALM
Have you ever wondered why some fish are only found in Hawaii? Welcome to the Hawaiian Endemics Specialty Diver Course, offered exclusively at Kona Honu Divers, where we investigate how Hawaii’s geographical isolation has contributed to an extremely high rate of marine endemism.
Hawaii’s location as the most isolated landmass on the planet has given its wildlife a perfect location for species to thrive and change over time.
This specialty course was written and published by Ty Widhalm. Ty was certified when he was 16 years old. Has been diving Kona’s reefs and identifying it’s fish ever since. As an instructor, Ty loves to talk about Kona’s unique marine life and all of its intricacies.
What are the requirements?
- Jr. Open Water Diver certification and above
What is included?
- Experienced instructor
- Specialty certification card
What equipment or materials are required?
- Dive Equipment (available for rent)
- John P. Hoover’s The Ultimate Guide to Hawaiian Reef Fishes, Sea Turtles, Dolphins, Whales, and Seals book.
- Camera, optional, but recommended to document the fish for review.